Please Note: This event has expired.
Exhibiting regional artists of varying age are paired according to similarities in the conceptual and/or formal qualities of their work.
Opening reception: Friday, May 4. 5:00 PM.
Generations is an exhibition in which regional artists of varying age are paired according to similarities in the conceptual and/or formal qualities of their work. Co-curated by YCP gallery director Matthew Clay-Robison and professional artist and educator.
Ophelia Chambliss, this exhibition seeks to make intergenerational connections between artists in our community that provide opportunities to expand individual networks and establish new bonds of friendship and respect that provide learning opportunities for both artists and their audience.
1. The Natural world: representations of hownature looks or operates
2. Looking inward, the human experience: studying the self
3. Looking outward, the here and now: studying the culture
4. Stories and histories: narrative work
5. Sacred realm: religion, spirituality, etc.
6. Politics and the social order: sociopolitical concerns
7. Invention and fantasy: from Bosch to Magritte to Yuskavage
8. Art and art: abstract expressionism, formally-driven work
Robert E. Buchanan, Kathryn Reis, Mariah Hertz, Tatyana Nadtochey, Donna Welsh, Joan Whitman Hoff, Steph Holmes, Evelynn Eighmey, Carol Oldenburg, Pat Patricia Tomes, Rosa Luz Catterall, Kara Gonzales, Kym Stine, Adrienne Brenner, Isabell Clark, Cheryl Handy, Stephen Hoff, Judy Orcutt, Shar Shar, Bob Miller, Matthew Apol, Anthony Smith Jr. Ellen Ehlenbeck, Krissy Whiski, Richard Craighead, Savannah Schroll Guz, Abigail Wilson Victoria Kageni-Woodard, Terri Yacovelli, Linda Sommer
37 West Philadelphia Street, York, PA 17401
Adjacent to Philadelphia Street Parking Garage. Metered street parking also available.