Hot WAX in the City
An encaustic exhibit by Judy Orcutt and Donna Welsh
Encaustic is using beeswax and a resin to create art. There are many techniques to be used. This was done 600 years BC in Egypt to preserve the tomb art and it is preserved to this day. It is an ancient art that preserves your treasures.
Heat is involved in the encaustic method. Layers of the beeswax and resin mixture are added and each layer is fused. Often some of the wax is scraped away and sometimes more is added. It is a multi step process.
Come and enjoy it.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES *
- Oct 22, 2018 at 09:00 am (Mon)
- Oct 23, 2018 at 09:00 am (Tue)
- Oct 24, 2018 at 09:00 am (Wed)
- Oct 25, 2018 at 09:00 am (Thu)
- Oct 26, 2018 at 09:00 am (Fri)
- Oct 29, 2018 at 09:00 am (Mon)
- Oct 30, 2018 at 09:00 am (Tue)
- Oct 31, 2018 at 09:00 am (Wed)
- Nov 1, 2018 at 09:00 am (Thu)
- Nov 2, 2018 at 05:00 pm - 09:00 pm (Fri)
227 W. Market St, York, PA 17401