CelebrateARTS! Magic at the Museum Family Day
Please note, this event has expired.
Step into a world powered by steam, imagination, and, perhaps, magic!
We’re wrapping up our CelebreateARTS! week with a magical day for magicians and muggles alike! Join us for our free Harry-Potter themed family day on January 20th! Get sorted into your house, meet Professor Snape, and learn the patronus spell from Professor Lupin. Potions, charms, and muggle history await at the Agricultural and Industrial Museum.
Some of the day’s activities include:
- Have class with Professor Snape at 11, 12, and 1. Illusionist Vick Gisin portrays Professor Snape.
- Make a wand.
- Mix potions for science that seems almost magic!
- Complete a scavenger.
- Learn a traditional Pennsylvania German charm or potion.
- Discover how brooms were made and make your own broomstick pencil.
- Decorate a “dragon egg” ornament and learn about traditional scratch-carved eggs.
- Create your own tea blend to use for Professor Trelawney’s divination class.
- Write with quills, just like Harry, Hermione, and Ron.
The Magic at the Museum Family Day is part of CelebrateARTS: a free community cultural celebration January 13-20! The goal of CelebrateARTS! is to provide citizens of all ages the opportunity to participate in cultural experiences to improve our overall community stability and vitality, and build lasting connections with one another without cost being a barrier. CelebrateARTS! will also act as the public launch of the Cultural Alliance 2018 annual campaign, working to raise $1 Million in contributions to bring more of these high-quality arts experiences to our community. Learn more about CelebrateARTS! and the full lineup of free events at www.culturalyork.org
217 West Princess Street, York, PA 17401
MORE FROM York County History Center
Oct 21, 2018