Third Annual York Story Slam Grand Slam
Please note, this event has expired.
2018 York Story Slam winners return to vie for the title of York’s Best Storyteller.
Culminating event for monthly story slam series. Venue TBD – see website for details.
York Story Slam is a monthly gathering where anyone can take a turn at the microphone and tell a true story based on that month’s theme.
Guests can come and simply listen to other people tell stories, or they can put their name into the hat for a chance to share a story according to the following rules:
- Story should reflect the theme of that evening
- Story should be true to the best of your recollection
- Should be your story – you are the/a central character
- Story should be about five minutes long
- No notes, no props – just you and the microphone
Each storyteller is given scores based on content and presentation.
The storyteller with the top score at each event wins an exclusive York Story Slam journal set from Story Supply Co. and earns a spot in the Grand Slam event at the end of the season, when all the winners from that year return to vie for the title of York’s Best Storyteller.
Market District, WeCo, Royal Square, York, PA 17401