How to Build Financial Security- 5 Key Considerations
Please note, this event has expired.
- Budgeting- Define essential (must have) and discretionary (nice to have) expenses. Discuss savings and expense strategies.
- Developing financial goals and creating a plan.
- How to grow your savings- discuss savings, investments and asset allocation.
- Protecting income and assets- addressing the “what if’s”.
- Making your money last- discuss longevity and income in retirement.
Nearly 600 people have attended SkillSwap classes since the program launched in June 2014. We have hosted almost 80 classes so far on topics ranging from beekeeping to public speaking to bicycle maintenance and roadside repair.
This barter-based education series features workshops on a wide variety of topics in a relaxed and inspiring environment (155!).
The “swap” part? No money changes hands. The instructors provide a list of items or services they will accept in exchange for class participation.
Suggested swap items for this class
- Monetary donation to any of the following organizations: York City Little League, York YMCA or Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
- Commitment to volunteer for Junior Achievement of South Central PA in some form or upcoming Rotary Club of York event (Ask Phil for details).
155 West Market Street, York, PA 17401